Some speculate gun confiscation on the horizon in Illinois

(The Center Square) – Some are speculating Gov. J.B. Pritzker may work to confiscate registered firearms if there’s another mass casualty event.

Part of Illinois’ gun ban enacted last year includes a registry of banned items. Before the Jan. 1 deadline to register, nearly 30,000 Illinsoians registered banned firearms with the state. That’s about 1.22% of the state’s 2.4 million Firearm Owners ID card holders. 

Guns Save Life Executive Director John Boch said there could be efforts on the horizon implemented to confiscate firearms that were registered following a mass casualty event. 

“Existing people who have dutifully followed the registration requirement of the law are given 90 days to surrender those firearms and accessories to police, or they face an additional felony charge,” Boch told The Center Square was leaked to him. 

While Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s office denied similar assertions raised elsewhere with a comment to ABC 20, Pritzker last month did address why
Read more…

Please follow and like us: