Authorities released helicopter footage that showed the rescue of an Alaska man whose rural cabin burned to the ground and was forced to survive for nearly a month.
Tyson Steele lived in a remote cabin in Matanuska-Susitna Valley about 20 miles from the nearest neighbor when his home caught fire, according to NBC News.
Steele said that he accidentally burned the cabin down when he placed cardboard inside the wood-burning stove.
“I knew it was a problem, I’ve had wood stoves all my life. I knew that you don’t do that,” he