Beyonce’s publicist has called for her fans not to “spew hate in her name” after a viral video forced a woman to quit Instagram.
Yvette Noel-Schure posted a picture of the star and husband Jay-Z, taken on their tour last year, on her own Instagram account to issue the message to fans, known as the “Beyhive”.
It comes after a video featuring the megastar couple at a basketball game, sitting with Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob and his wife Nicole Curran, was shared by thousands of people across social media.
In the clip, it appears as if a smiling Beyonce suddenly becomes unhappy when Curran leans over her to talk to her rapper husband.
Fans were quick to flood social media with posts defending Queen Bey after the video went viral, and Curran says she was targeted with abuse.
Now, Noel-Schure has urged fans to be kinder.
“I am looking back today at the start of The OTRII tour, one year ago,” she said in her Instagram post.
“It was a place of joy, unimaginable entertainment from two of the best performers in the world, and a place of love.
“Every single day on that tour I saw love. Which is why I also want to speak here to the beautiful BeyHiVE. I know your love runs deep but that love has to be given to every human.
“It will bring no joy to the person you love so much if you spew hate in her name. We love you.”
On Thursday, Curran spoke out about the abuse she has received, telling ESPN she had been “getting death threats on social media all night”.
As a result, she said she had decided to deactivate her Instagram account.
She told reporter Ramona Shelburne she had simply been asking Jay-Z what he would like to drink.
Just spoke to Nicole Curran, the wife of Warriors owner Joe Lacob, about the “incident “ with Beyoncé last night. She was in tears. Said she had been getting death threats on social media all night this morning she disabled her IG account just to make it stop.
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) June 6, 2019
“There was no hostility. I was trying to be a good hostess,” Curran reportedly said. “I’ve never experienced cyber bullying like this.”
Beyonce and Jay-Z have yet to respond to the video.
Source: SKY NEWS